There is no shortage of data quality maturity models like the one below, but these typically refer to organisations rather than individuals:
As we discuss in our Opportunity of Data Quality webinar, there’s a maturity model to individuals too, and with roles like data analyst and scientist enjoying increasing popularity, there’s rarely a better time to start educating yourself than right now.
That’s why we’ve created the Data Quality Primer, an ebook that beginners who are interested in but know little about data quality can download for free to rapidly increase their personal maturity towards data quality.
By the end of the ebook, readers will have progressed through:
The basics of data quality
Industry-specific challenges and opportunities around data
How data is relevant in today’s society
And the next steps that they can take towards enjoying a prosperous career in data. Readers will also get a discount code for the iDataQuality Academy courses to take their skills to the next level.
At ids we’re committed to empowering and growing the next generation of practitioners and leaders in the data space, and we’ve identified the above journey for those who are passionate about data as an example of how individuals can enjoy and grow in their chosen career:
- Mentorship – start with finding someone experienced who can show you the ropes, but also learn by teaching through taking on a mentee of your own.
- Advocacy – get behind certain tools and methodologies and become proficient with them. Give feedback, praise and credit where its due.
- Philanthropy – once you’ve increased your maturity towards data to such an extent that you can use it to be a force for positive change in your society, you should absolutely look into how you could start doing this personally and professionally.
We appreciate that this sounds a little easier said than done, and it is, so we’ll map the above points against specific actions you can take below.
- Mentorship – allow our experts to become your mentors whilst you improve your understanding of data quality and grow your network, by reading the primer and signing up to the academy.
- Advocacy – become an advocate or early adopter of the iData tool to enjoy exclusive opportunities for testing, training and development of your proposition. For those of you who aspire to become consultants, this could be a serious commercial opportunity.
- Philanthropy – once you’re working on projects, begin to examine the upstream benefits and value creation of an improvement to the operational data being used, and think about lending your expertise to others through your corporate social responsibility initiatives.
We wish you the best of luck with your career, please let us know if we can help with it: all students of the academy gain direct access to the instructors who are ready and willing to lend a hand.
Download our iData Quality Primer via button below:
Your Data Quality Primer: Everything you need to know
Welcome to your Data Quality Primer from the iData Quality Academy – in this useful guide you’ll find everything you need to know to improve your understanding of data quality, assorted into useful categories for you. You don’t have to read through it in order, you can jump right to the section you’re interested in!
Why is Data Quality important in the Healthcare Sector?
The healthcare sector has undergone huge digital transformation in recent years, with outdated systems being updated and upgraded to meet...Read more
Introducing Human AI
The Intelligent Delivery Group is excited to announce a new service offering The automated Human Artificial Intelligence Platform (HAI) is...Read more