ETL Test Engineer
At Intelligent Delivery Solutions, we are leaders in end-to-end data certainty. Our Kovenant™ methodology combines testing and data quality management to give you 100% confidence in your data, 100% of the time.
We are looking for an ETL Test Engineer to join our professional team.
ETL Test Engineer
Manchester M1 5AN
£46,000 - £47,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Remote working available
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
About the Role:
As ETL Test Engineer you will be expected to perform manual and automation testing in validating data sources, extraction of data, applying transformation logic, and loading data into target tables, working closely with data engineering functions to ensure a sustainable test approach.
Due to Covid-19, this is currently a fully work-from home position. In the future you will be expected to travel to the office 1 or 2 days a week for client or innovation purposes.
You will possess demonstrable experience of system and complex integration testing across multiple platforms and technologies covering both functional and non-functional testing and have a thorough understanding of the full development lifecycle.
You will have the ability to work in a frequently changing environment with the capability to interpret complex information and problems to amend plans. You will have the opportunity in this role to join a team who adopt an Agile approach and have the ability to prioritise, manage workload, and deliver agreed activities consistently on time.
We are looking for someone with the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ for automation frameworks and testing across multiple products.
- Experience in testing data validation scenarios and Data ingestion, pipelines, and transformation processes (e.g.,ETL).
- An understanding of big data engineering tools and how they can be used strategically (e.g. Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Dask).
- Demonstrated experience of working with automated testing tools.
- Understanding of information governance principles and how they could apply in a testing capacity.
- Demonstrated experience of automating tests across multiple platforms and technologies and understand its application throughout the full development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of test case management packages.
- Demonstrated experience of hands-on Issue and Defect Management.
- Experience in testing systems that capture, verify, and maintain field generated metadata
Familiarity with multiple back-end and front-end languages and libraries, databases, database design, web servers, web services, APIs, and UI/UX design.
- Knowledge and experience with modern testing development practices and integrated testing products such as selenium, mocha and their integration with tools such as Gitlab, etc.
- Experience in working with a wide variety of technologies and on diverse problems .
- Experience of non-functional testing as well as backup and recovery, DR, performance,
- Experience of Agile Software Development & Testing methods for deployment in cloud environments.
- PerkBox - A global benefits and rewards platform that allows IDS to care for, connect with and celebrate our employees, no matter where they are or what they want.
- Cycle to Work scheme - Allowing colleagues to spend on bikes and equipment, tax-free, making a claimed saving of up to 42% on the overall value.
- Generous Holiday Allowances - All colleagues can earn additional holiday depending upon length of service, up to a maximum of 24 days plus bank holidays.
- Flu Jabs - Delivered annually to all colleagues over 50 if requested.
- Flex – Our flexible working programme allowing all colleagues the ability to work from home up to 5 days per week.
- Wellbeing – via PerkBox we offer various options to ensuring your wellbeing is a high priority.
- Colleague Events – offering the opportunity for teambuilding and celebrations of success.
- Company Bonus Scheme – aligning financial reward with both company and individual performance.
- Training and Development – a commitment to developing our people, including personal development time, development plans and access to our own product digital learning platform.
- Referral Rewards – a generous referral programme, which rewards colleagues for their assistance in the recruitment of new employees.
- EMI Scheme & Work Anniversaries – we recognise all colleagues who have worked for a 5-year length of service.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to our Back Office Manager below and we'll be in touch very soon: