Manual Testing Consultant
We are looking for a tester with 1-4 years’ experience to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs uncovered during texting of new and existing applications.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about quality, they would like to meet you.
You will be ensuring that our client’s products, applications and systems work correctly.
We work with a number of organisations to support their testing activities, with manual testing, and automation testing, and are looking to expand the team.
- Review and analyse system specifications
- Collaborate with the team to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyse results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
Key Performance Indicators
Your KPI's will be against:
- Your support to the client, and how you can demonstrate you have added value into their clients' processes
- You can provide evidence of meeting and exceeding the clients' expectations in terms of the testing performed.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Tester or similar role
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) and SQL
- Experience with Postman and Swagger is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrated interest/experience in test automation
- ISTQB Qualified, or currently working towards.
IDS' values provide the framework for how they engage with colleagues, customers and stakeholders. These behaviours and values must be demonstrated in the role and across the business.
Unequivocal: We have chosen unequivocal because it's clear and unambiguous; it leaves no room for doubt. It can't be argued with. It gives us certainty when dealing with colleagues and clients, as everything we deal with is based on fact.
Authentic: Data is genuine, clean and accurate - or it's not. Our approach is scientific. Based on truth, not fiction. We are giving clients trust in what we do.
Relentless: The world is forever changing, and change is relentless. We have to be relentless pioneers, interpreting change, finding meaning, ensuring that our clients stay ahead of the curve.
Human: People are the most important. Innovation comes from people, and our people are a constant and integral part of the data journey. Augmented intelligence supplements human intelligence. It never replaces it.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to our Back Office Manager below and we'll be in touch very soon: