SQL Server Database Administrator
Are you an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator looking for company that’ll embrace your skills and encourage your career development?
SQL Server Database Administrator
Manchester, M1 5AN
Full Time, Permanent Position
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Here at IDS, we value smart and humble individuals that are passionate about our products, and modern technology in general. In return, we provide a professional yet friendly working environment, plenty of opportunities to show us your creative side and give feedback on our products as well as the opportunity to grow within your role.
We’re looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to complete our team. In this role you will be implementing, configuring and maintaining critical SQL Server RDBMS systems.
Due to Covid-19, this is currently a fully work-from-home position. In the future, you will be expected to travel to the office 1 or 2 days a week for client or innovation purposes.
As an SQL Server Database Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing SQL Server databases.
- Configuring and maintaining database servers and processes.
- Monitoring system's health and performance.
- Ensuring high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Analysing solving and correcting issues in real-time.
- Providing suggestions for solutions.
- Refining and automating regular processes, tracking issues, and documenting changes.
- Assisting developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Providing 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Performing scheduled maintenance and supporting release deployment activities after hours.
About the Role
- The ideal SQL Server Database Administrator will have:
• 5 years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role.
• 3-5 years’ experience with MY SQL Server Administration experience required.
• 5 years’ experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO).
• 5 years’ experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• 5 years’ experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• 5 years’ experience with Windows servers, including Active Directory.
In addition to the above, we're interested in:
• Individuals who have a sense of ownership, pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
• Critical thinkers with problem-solving and time management skills.
• Good communicator.
• Candidates in possession of MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications.
- PerkBox - A global benefits and rewards platform that allows IDS to care for, connect with and celebrate our employees, no matter where they are or what they want.
- Cycle to Work scheme - Allowing colleagues to spend on bikes and equipment, tax-free, making a claimed saving of up to 42% on the overall value.
- Generous Holiday Allowances - All colleagues can earn additional holiday depending upon length of service, up to a maximum of 24 days plus bank holidays.
- Flu Jabs - Delivered annually to all colleagues over 50 if requested.
- Flex – Our flexible working programme allowing all colleagues the ability to work from home up to 5 days per week.
- Wellbeing – via PerkBox we offer various options to ensuring your wellbeing is a high priority.
- Colleague Events – offering the opportunity for teambuilding and celebrations of success.
- Company Bonus Scheme – aligning financial reward with both company and individual performance.
- Training and Development – a commitment to developing our people, including personal development time, development plans and access to our own product digital learning platform.
- Referral Rewards – a generous referral programme, which rewards colleagues for their assistance in the recruitment of new employees.
- EMI Scheme & Work Anniversaries – we recognise all colleagues who have worked for a 5-year length of service.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to our Back Office Manager below and we'll be in touch very soon: